Mobile Banking FAQs
What is required to enroll in Mobile Banking?
You must be enrolled in Union Bank’s Online Banking with NetTeller system to enroll in Mobile Banking.
How do I enroll in Mobile Banking?
Log in to Online Banking on your computer:
- Go to Settings tab
- Select Mobile Settings
- Complete set up page
- Click Submit button
- Read and accept the terms and conditions of the “Union Bank Mobile Banking Agreement”
- Click Confirm button
You will then receive a text with a link to follow and login using your same NetTeller credentials
OR, go to web address www.unionbankvt.mobi on your mobile device
- Download the Union Bank Android or iPhone app.
- Log in using your Online Banking credentials
- Read terms and conditions of the Union Bank Mobile Banking Agreement
- Check I Agree box
- Select Next
- Complete enrollment page
- Select Enroll Now
Is there a fee for Mobile Banking?
No, Mobile Banking is provided free of charge as a convenience feature for our customers. While Union Bank does not charge you for this service, your wireless plan may charge you for text messaging or data usage.
What Mobile Devices are supported by Mobile Banking?
Union Bank Mobile Banking is compatible with any US Web-enabled mobile phone that supports web browsers for mobile devices, regardless of make, model, or mobile service provider. We have specific Apps for Android and iPhone.
Where do I get the Mobile App?
Download and install the app from the Google Play Android Market or from the iTunes store.
Do data rates apply when using Mobile Banking?
Data rates may apply. Please check with your wireless carrier.
What accounts can I access with the Mobile Banking App?
You can access any of your Union Bank accounts that are enrolled with the Online Banking NetTeller system. Accounts must be enabled for Mobile-use under the Mobile Settings tab.
Are transfers made using Mobile Banking immediate?
Yes, your available balance will reflect your transactions immediately just as they do with NetTeller Online Banking.
Is my banking information stored on my cell phone if I enroll in Mobile Banking?
Union Bank Mobile Banking does not save any files with personal or financial information on your mobile device.
What if I lose my cell phone?
If your cell phone is lost or stolen:
- Notify your cell phone provider immediately to suspend/deactivate your cell phone until it is located.
- Login to your online banking account, click on Settings, click on Mobile Banking Settings, uncheck Enable web access for your mobile device and select no for “Receive Text Message Alerts,” and then hit confirm. This will remove your cell phone number from your secure access delivery until your phone has been located or until your cell phone provider has deactivated the phone.
What if I get a new cell phone, or new cell phone number, or new phone type?
Log in to Online Banking on your computer
- Go to Settings
- Go to Web Mobile Settings
- Enter your new phone number or new phone type
- Hit Submit
Can someone intercept my information while I’m using the Mobile Banking app?
No, not when you are on a secure connection. 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption protects your information as it travels from your mobile device to Union Bank. The 128-bit SSL encryption technology is the same encryption that safeguards Internet traffic for secure Web applications. Union Bank Mobile Banking uses Multifactor authentication security standards, which help keep Union Bank NetTeller Online Banking secure and also protect Mobile Banking.
Where do I go if I need help or have further questions?
Please contact our Electronic Banking Department at 802.888.6600.