Convenient, worry-free and cost-effective — but with none of the unpleasant surprises a monthly credit card can bring, your Union Bank Debit MasterCard can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
Whether you elect to use your debit card to withdraw cash at ATMs, shop online, or in the checkout line to buy groceries, each transaction is conveniently deducted from your checking account. If you choose to sign for your purchases at checkout, you earn ScoreCard Rewards that you can redeem online for merchandise and travel.
As a valued Customer we are pleased to offer you MasterCard SecureCode. MasterCard SecureCode provided in association with MasterCard International, protects your card against unauthorized use when you shop online at participating retailers. To set up your account and SecureCode now, click on the link above.
When using your debit card at an ATM, Union Bank customers automatically become members of the Allpoint ATM Network, giving you access to America’s largest surcharge-free network with 55,000 ATMs Worldwide and 2,500 locations in New England. Simply use your Union Bank Debit MasterCard to get cash at any Allpoint ATM.
EMV Chip Card Technology
Your security is important to us. That’s why we added chip technology to Union Bank Debit MasterCards.
Look for your new card to be issued in the next several months:
We have begun issuing new debit cards to our customers and plan to have all of the chip cards issued by the end of the year 2016.
Things you need to know when you receive your new card:
- Your PIN (Personal Identification Number) remains the same. (The PIN only changes for those with lost, stolen, or worn out cards)
- Activate your new card by making a purchase or ATM transaction using your PIN
- Destroy your old card, once you have activated your new card
- Your card number, expiration date and CVC number (that’s the security code on the back of your card) will change. The reason for this is to provide you greater security and to help reduce the possibility of fraud to your account
- If you use your debit card for recurring charges, (such as making an insurance payment) please be sure to update those accounts with your new card information (card number, expiration date and CVC code)
- Your new chip card comes with MasterCard® Zero Liability and protects you against unauthorized purchases
Why Chip Cards?
- Most countries have already converted to chip cards. Chip cards contain embedded microprocessors that provide strong transaction security features and other application capabilities not possible with traditional magnetic stripe cards. This will reduce debit card fraud
- Now accepted in the United States – as chip technology is more widely used and accepted, you have likely seen chip-enabled terminals available in stores nationwide. Now you will be equipped to use your card at these chip-enabled terminals
Using Your New Chip Card is Easy
You can continue using your new chip card for everyday purchases as you do today. Just swipe your card when shopping at merchants without chip-enabled terminals.
For Merchants with Chip-Enabled Terminals, Follow These Easy Steps:
Simply insert the card into the terminal and wait for the transaction to complete-no swipe needed.
- Insert your chip card into a chip-friendly reader.
- Follow prompts: Approve the amount.
- Follow prompts: Enter your PIN or provide your signature.
- Remove your chip card when prompted.
Download EMV FAQs