2017 Calendar Photo Contest Results
The 2017 Calendar Photo Contest is now closed. Thank you to all who participated! We received a treasure chest of great photos this year, leaving the judges with tough decisions to make.
We encourage all contestants entering photos for this year’s contest to return next year.
Information for the 2018 Calendar Contest will be announced during the summer of 2017, so be sure to check back.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 Photo Calendar Contest:
Cover: Kayla Therrien, Cabot, VT
January: Joanna Aldrich, Campton, NH
February: Dereyk Perkins, Morrisville, VT
March: Chris Dodge, Johnson, VT
April: Kayla Therrien, Cabot, VT
May: Aryk Tomlinson, Johnson, VT
June: Richard Doran, Colchester, VT
July: Dereyk Perkins, Morrisville, VT
August: Rob Hofmann, Waterbury Center, VT
September: Heather Ranney, Kirby, VT
October: Charles Hogan, Cambridge, VT
November: Rob Hofmann, Waterbury Center, VT
December: Maxwell Brisben, Stowe, VT
The 2017 Calendars will be available in all of our branches at Thanksgiving time. Be sure to stop by your local branch and pick one up!
This year’s contest theme is “Community Life in a Small Town”
Union Bank is looking for striking images that capture the spirit and beauty of community life in the areas we serve. Show your pride for the place you live. Showcase that integral part of your community that you think depicts the essence of where you live.
Contest deadline: Wednesday, October 5, 2016.
Theme of photos: All photographs must represent the theme of community life in Northern Vermont and Northern New Hampshire, where Union Bank provides banking services. Winning photos will demonstrate a strong focus on community events and people engaged in community life.
Ideas for photos: Historic parts of your town, buildings, outdoor themes (fishing, hiking, skiing), parades, celebrations, landscapes, nature, sports, recreational activities, seasonal or holidays (photos from all seasons are encouraged), agriculture, water, weather, landmarks, gardens, flowers, animals, people.
Note: Photos with family & friends are not necessarily conducive for the calendar contest, however you may submit them as long as you will be able to obtain signed waivers from each person in the photo (providing your photo is chosen), and we may use them for other Union Bank marketing purposes.
1st place winner will be awarded $100 cash prize and the calendar cover
$50 cash prizes will be awarded to each individual selected for one of the monthly calendar spots
Contest Guidelines and Photo Requirements:
Please read the contest guidelines and photo requirements carefully. Sorry, photos not meeting the requirements, will not be accepted.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos and entry forms must be received by Wednesday, October 5, 2016 to be eligible for the contest.
- Winners will be announced by Friday, October 14, 2016 and contacted via email or phone.
- 13 Winning photos will be chosen—one for each month of the year and one for the cover of the 2017 Union Bank calendar.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows: $100 for the winner of the cover photo. $50 to each of the 12 monthly winners. Union Bank will award the winning photographers cash prizes. Winners are responsible for the payment of any federal, state and local taxes on the prize.
- The contest is open to the public and employees of Union Bank. Amateur or professional photographers are welcome. Entrants can be of any age; if under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must sign the entry form.
- A maximum of three (3) photos can be submitted per person. Each photo submitted must be under 25MB. If necessary, up to 3 separate submissions by the same individual may be accepted, to accommodate the size limit.
- Anyone submitting a photo to the contest agrees to allow their photo, name, city, and state of residence to be published, if selected, as one of the winners in the 2017 Union Bank Calendar Contest.
- Union Bank retains the right to use the winning photographs in any advertising and/or promotion it deems suitable, including the 2017 Union Bank Calendar, advertisements, or on its website.
- All photos must be taken by the person submitting and signing the entry form, affirming the photo is wholly original and has not been copied in whole or in part, from any other work, and that no other individual has any ownership claim over the image.
- All photographs must represent the theme of community life in Northern Vermont and Northern New Hampshire, where Union Bank provides banking services. Winning photos will demonstrate a strong focus on community events and people engaged in community life. Possible subjects might include (but are not limited to) parades, fairs, festivals, local sporting events, scenic areas, landmarks, pastimes such as fishing, sailing, hiking, skiing, landscapes, weather, people.
- A panel of judges selected by Union Bank will select the winning photos. Judging of all submitted photography will be “blind”. The name of the photographer will not be disclosed to the judging panel. Entries will be judged based on appeal, content, and photographic skill.
- Digital photography only, no prints will be accepted.
- Photos will be accepted in Color, or Black and White format.
- Images should be in a horizontal format at a minimum of 10″ × 8″ at 300 PPI, or 3000 × 2400 pixels.
- Photographs with slightly lower resolutions will be reviewed and considered, but may be rejected.
- Digital images should be in TIFF or JPEG format, and may not exceed the size limit of 25 MB.
- Union Bank reserves the right to color correct and/or crop photo entries if necessary.
How to Submit Photos:
Entries may be submitted online or mailed to Union Bank. Please submit a completed and signed entry form with your photos. Only one entry form for up to 3 photo(s) is required. You may submit up to 3 separate entry forms if needed, to accommodate the individual photo size limit of 25MB.
Apply Via Mail
Download our printable entry form. The form contains “field fillable” boxes you can type directly into. Once completed, simply print out, sign and deliver or mail the form along with a CD or thumb drive containing up to 3 photos, to:
P.O. Box 667
Morrisville, VT 05661